WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU
JOB DESCRIPTION-PROJECT COORDINATOR
6 months with the possibility of extension
£18,200 pro rata part-time
12 hrs per week. Options for flexible & family-friendly working as required. The post will require some evening and weekend work.
25 Holidays (Pro Rata 8). Reasonable travel Expenses reimbursed.
Employment is conditional on the completion of a satisfactory
Any offer of employment will be subject to receiving satisfactory references from previous employers or other suitable referees.
Mbikudi – Naturally Powerful
We are seeking an enthusiastic project coordinator to run our project. ‘Naturally You’ is training for transformation for women that will run for groups of girls aged 12 to 16 years old, women aged 16 to 25 years old and women over 25 years old. The aim of the program is to assist the personal development of girls and women in order to overcome the barriers that they experience.
Mbikudi Ltd is a social enterprise, established to offer health, confidence and skill building workshops to help African, Black and Ethnic Minority (BME) women battling with isolation, poverty, lack of confidence and depression.
The objects of Mbikudi are to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular:
- To tackle poverty and disadvantage by improving access to skills, enterprise and employment.
- To tackle the barriers faced by BME women and children from low income backgrounds.
- To promote healthier and active lifestyles among the BME Community.
- To improve the confidence and enrich the experience of BME women.
- To facilitate the integration of BME people, migrant and refugees in Scotland.
This post requires an experienced individual with background in community education, counselling, activities organisation or training. The project coordinator will have great people management skills; with a positive attitude to working in a multicultural environment. The right candidate for this post must be able to demonstrate the ability to organise and anticipate project needs, coordinate with stakeholders, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop working relationships with relevant stakeholders/ funders.
- Organise and deliver meetings, workshops and conferences with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitoring, evaluation of project activities and produce final report.
- Regular Reporting and feedback to management committee.
- Keep track records of budgets, project finance and make funding applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills in managing clients and keeping clients confidentiality in accordance to GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
- Ability to manage volunteer and any other staff involved in the project.
- Ability to communicate project ideas to the wider public and address queries.
- Ability to manage projects, activities and workshops with limited supervision.
- Ability to conduct research to enhance work productivity.
- Efficient in using social media platforms network blog, Facebook, twitter.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Relevant Qualification or excellent track record on client care and people management.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment or an understanding, and appreciation of African Caribbean people and culture can substitute a degree.
- At least 1 year experience with office administrative management.
- Proficient using Microsoft office suit, email social media.
To Apply: email CV at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.